A hot cup of tea on a chilly winter day is everybody’s favorite. Besides being energizing, flavor-rich drinks, teas are most famously used as medicines for good health in any weather.
Among the best you can try this season, cinnamon plum tea stands unique for its immense benefits and rich flavor. Never tried it earlier? Check out what you can benefit from and learn to prepare a strong cup for yourself!
What are its benefits?
Cinnamon is a potent polyphenol antioxidant promoting an immune and disease-free body. Teas infused with cinnamon powder are best for diabetic patients to maintain sugar levels, those suffering from acidity and inflammation to cool down their body, or even soothing for women during their menstrual cycle. Its antioxidants are also effective in boosting metabolism, which can help with quick weight loss.
Plum tea is particularly a gut-friendly brew that ensures better digestion, maintains a healthy appetite, and checks on food poisoning and indigestion symptoms. A clean and healthy gut can also promote active metabolism, quickly shedding excess weight.
Since both these tea ingredients are energizing body cleansers supporting excellent health, it is no doubt their mixture would be beneficial for more gains in a single shot.
How can you obtain it?
If you were planning to mix cinnamon powder and dried plum powder to make your tea, the manufacturers have already made the efforts for you. Cinnamon plum tea is now available in many marts and online stores in packed tea bags, fine powder, or natural tea leave to brew directly. The tea is often added with flavors like currants, hibiscus, and licorice roots to enhance its taste.
Make your tea!
The modern markets ensure that healthy teas like cinnamon plum tea are entirely caffeine-free to provide the best results. Surprisingly, this brew isn’t only a winter drink; you can also enjoy it chilled in the summer. Check out below how you can brew your cup.
- Take 10 grams of cinnamon plum tea powder (nearly one and a half teaspoons) and add water.
- For a hot brew, take around 12 ounces or 350ml water and exactly half the amount for the cold brew, i.e., 6 ounces or 175ml.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes and brew the tea boiling at 100 degrees Celsius. It’s the same for both variations.
- Take the tea down from the flame and strain the leaves to get a brewed concoction. For the cold brew, take chilled ice cubes to your desired dilution and add this concentrate. You can, however, enjoy the hot tea as it is.
- The brew is mildly sweet due to the plum flavor, but if you prefer it sweeter, you can add honey or maple syrup. Let the mix cool down and settle a bit and enjoy it immensely!
If you are using the instant tea bags, take 200ml boiling hot water and dip the tea into it. Let sit the brew for five minutes to enjoy the same flavor-rich soothing tea anytime!